Help Preserve Ybor City's Culture
The Ybor City Museum State Park is a key destination in Ybor City, Tampa's National Historic Landmark District. The Museum showcases elements of Ybor City's unique beginning, renowned cigar industry and cultural heritage. Without the generous help of volunteers, opportunities for cultural enrichment for all people would cease to exist. Whether you want to give back to your ancestry or to your community, or want to build services hours required by your company, college or university, there are many diverse ways to volunteer. Volunteers are needed for ongoing activities or on a one-time basis for special events. Internships and positions on board of directors' Committees are also available.
You can join our group of dynamic and enthusiastic volunteers by:
- Becoming a docent. Training is provided for Museum tours and walking tours of Ybor City. From college students to active retirees, docents represent a broad range of experience that contributes unique perspectives to the tour experience.
- Working on special projects such as oral histories, cataloging of the Society's artifacts, developing children's activities, projects in the Museum's Mediterranean-style garden, or other areas of special interest to you.
- Participating in yearly fundraising events, such as Cigar Heritage Festival and the Legacy Awards Brunch.
- Developing marketing and communications materials. Use your creativity, design talents and communication skills to build our brand or assist with social marketing.
- Providing assistance with database management and administrative functions.
- Writing grants that generate critical funding that helps the Society fulfill its mission.
- Staffing and merchandising the Museum Store.
To become a volunteer, please fill out an application,